GroundHunter Advanced 8FT High Sensitivity Metal Detector With Headphone and Carry Bag
If you do not have prior experience with a metal detector, we strongly recommend that you:
- Adjust the Gain to a low setting in the event of false signals.
- Do not use indoors.This detector is for outdoor use only.Many household appliances emit electromagnetic energy, which can interfere with the detector. If conducting an indoor demonstration, turn the Gain down and keep the search coil away from appliances such as computers, televisions and microwave ovens.
- If your detector beeps erratically, turn off appliances and lights.
- Also keep the search coil away from objects containing metal, such as floors and walls.
- Use a 9-volt ALKALINE battery only. Do not use Heavy Duty Batteries.
Introducing GroundHunter Advanced 8FT High Sensitivity Metal Detector
- Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing on rod, 3-piece breakdown construction, nonmetallic telescoping lower rod, adjustable position armrest
- Weight: 2 lbs, 8 oz with battery installed
- Standard search coil: 11 inch search coil
- Batteries: Single 9 volt rectangular alkaline
- Operating principle: VLF induction balance
- Operating frequency: 19 kHz, crystal controlled
- Reactive overload: 10,000 micro-cgs (with standard search coil)
- Resistive overload: 1,200 micro-cgs (with standard search coil)
- Ground balance range: From ferrite to salt water inclusive
- Discrimination ground suppression: Combination of 2 nd and 3 rd order methods
- Target-ID ground suppression: 3 rd order
- Battery life: 15+ hours on good quality alkaline
- Operating temp range: 14 to 122 degrees F (-10 to +50 C)
- Operating humidity range: 0 – 90% noncondensing
- Walk around the target in a circle.
- While circling the target, continue sweeping the search coil across the target.
- Sweep once every 30° or 40° of the circle.
Pinpointing in Discrimination Mode
- Sweep over target in narrowing side-to-side pattern.
- Take visual note of spot on ground where “beep” occurs.
- Step 90° to the side of the target.
- Sweep search coil over same area, at 90° to 1st sweep pattern.
- This pinpoints the target location with an “X”.
- Position the search coil just barely off the ground, and to the side of the target.
- Now move the search coil slowly across the target; you can locate it by the sound. The target is located directly under where the sound is loudest.
- To narrow the response further, position the center of the search coil near the center of the response pattern, but not directly over the center.
- Release the PINPOINT button.
- Press-and-hold PINPOINT button again.
- Repeat this narrowing procedure to narrow the field of detection further.
Use Code: 15OFF to get 15% discount for any 3 metal detectors